Thursday, April 1, 2010

10 Things I've learned from blogging

Its that time again, Writers Workshop over at Mama Kat's! This week I chose the first prompt: List 10 things blogging as taught you!
  1. There will always be people who do not understand why you blog (like say your boyfriend or your mother).
  2. There is an amazing support system out there if you look in the right places, like The Lady Bloggers Society (check out my button to find out more information). Not only can they give you a support system, but also blogging tips and great resources.
  3. Pictures = lots of comments.
  4. Its okay to vent on your blog, but its also okay to keep some things to yourself.
  5. Sometimes the people that comment on your blogs give better advice than people you know in real life.
  6. Spam = just as stinky in the blogging world as it is in the email world.
  7. Blogging and reading blogs can often distract you from many things - I've recently burnt a batch of cookies and forgot to switch the laundry for about 3 hours because I was reading blogs.
  8. Chocolate and blogging go together like peanut butter and jelly!
  9. Consistency is key as I've learned along the way. This blog was a hot mess at first but I think things are more consistent now.
  10. Everyone has their reason for blogging or reading blogs but for me its about sharing life experiences and exchanging like experiences with other amazing women. I love this community and I love being a part of it!
So what have you learned from blogging? Do you share any of my list?

Mama's Losin' It

7 comments:

H said...

You really summed everything up well!

Kim Lehnhoff said...

Great list! As a 50-something blogger, I am amazed at some of the supportive comments I get from bloggers who are decades younger...there is NO generation gap in the blogging community.

Unknown said...

Number one and ten!! Yea, I don't think my mom or my hubs gets it ata ALL ;-) I'm following you now- stop by my place when you can!

Stephanie said...

Awesome - I did this list to! :)

paige said...

What a great list! 4 and 7 = YES.
9 = Super yes with spinkles.
10 = YES. YES. YES.

I love it.

Rachel said...

Number one is SOSOSO true!

Karen and Gerard said...

Wow, I didn't know chocolate went with blogging! I'll have to try that! I like your list and used this same prompt myself!

Visiting from Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop.