Thursday, April 21, 2011

Renewed

Spring is one of my favorite times of year and I've been feeling its amazing effects this year more than ever. I've really been able to enjoy watching the flowers bloom, the trees turning green and the grass growing again. There is a beautiful courtyard between the three major buildings that make up where I work and there are hundreds of tulips and tall blooming trees I get to see when I'm lucky enough to get outside.

Things have been crazy for the last few months, starting a new job, getting engaged, finding out my grandpa has lung cancer and that a close family friend is struggling with an autoimmune disease and other family issues - I need to take a deep breath and step back. There are so many things I've been wanting to do that I haven't had time for, but its time to stop making excuses and do something about it.

I need to be committed to being healthy and working out.
I need to keep up on my housework and not let my house get so trashed every week.
I have to get on a consistent sleep schedule.
I want to start saving money to get my student loans paid off at least five years faster than I should.

I hope that this time of year can bring me a new sense of hope in my life and help me set some goals and stick to them. I've always hated the winter and how cold and depressing it is, how it makes me so unmotivated.

What do you do to keep yourself motivated? Does spring make you feel renewed?

1 comment:

Steph @ Professors_Wife said...

I think the best thing is to take care of yourself and really stay on top of things :) Good luck, hun! If you take great care of your body, it'll definitely help :) I'm detoxing from sugar overload this week, so i'm not looking forward to being cranky... but I am looking forward to feeling better overall!