Saturday, June 4, 2011

Life

So I haven't blogged for a few weeks - life really got in the way of things lately! But here is a little recap of what has been going on. I'm going to be doing some photo posts this week and hopefully keeping an update on my new summer project, which is my square foot garden!





  • I turned 26 on May 30th. It was a nice laid back celebration that included a Sunday dinner with my family complete with Boston Cream Pie and a Monday celebration with Andrew's family and going to dinner at Bravos. I still can't decide what I want Andrew to get me for a gift yet...but most likely it will be a deep freeze.


  • Andrew has been working tirelessly on our house for the last month. Our trim is now a redish brown instead of kelly green and the lower level of the house has drywall again! We shopped for a new back door, bathroom items (we need a shower, sink and toilet), and carpet for the "internet lounge"


  • I was disappointed to find out my dream of moving the laundry room isn't going to work out, but after we get the 3rd level of our 4 level split complete we'll be fixing up the basement. I'll finally get a counter to fold laundry on and shelves for all my seasonal decor.


  • My garden and flowers are all planted. My mom weeded my flower beds and bought my salvia and geraniums as a birthday gift. I'll post some pictures this week.


  • We had an awesome party for Memorial Day complete with tons of picnic food, a keg and my brother parking a pop-up camper in our front yard to sleep in - every year we have our party it gets better and better!


  • I'm walking at graduation next weekend even though I got my degree in December. My school is small and only has one commencement every year. Some of my family is coming from PA and it will be nice to see them.


Other than that, life is the same. We do have the church booked for our wedding (9.22.2012), we're reserving the tent soon and I have an amazing photographer as well as a DJ! Work is the same and I'm still holding on to hope that I'll find an amazing Marketing or PR job within the same company soon.



Hope that everyone is having a wonderful start to their summer - do ya'll have anything fun planned?!

2 comments:

The Constant Complainer said...

Amanda, just the kind of post I needed to read. I've been MIA myself for a few weeks. So this was great. You'll have to let me know who you decided to have DJ the ceremony!

Jessica said...

Sounds like you're on a roll! We want to see pictures of the house now! :)

And, perfect wedding date - it's only 3 days before my birthday. How special!