Friday, December 30, 2011

2011 - Looking Back

I cannot believe how fast time has passed and that I'm sitting here (in a Snuggie of all things) writing up my post about how 2011 has been and all the things that have gone on.


Big Events that happened in 2011:



  1. Andrew and I went to look at engagement rings early in the year, just before our anniversary.

  2. We celebrated our three year anniversary with a lovely dinner at Buca Di Beppo and a trip to West Virginia go to to Cabelas.

  3. Tried lots of new recipes including made-from-scratch eggplant parmesan, Chicken Cordon Bleu, Chicken Parmesan, Beef Stroganoff and finally perfected making a lot of things totally from scratch.

  4. We did a lot to our house this year: repainting the trim and shutters, finishing the 3rd level which will be an office/rec room, hooking up a transfer box to plug the generator into when the power goes out, getting new living room furniture and probably tons of other little projects I can't remember.

  5. In April, we got engaged, the BIGGEST event of this year by far. We were at Buckeye Lake when Andrew proposed and although I kinda knew he had my ring I had no idea how he would ask me. We went to tell my parents, did a shot of whiskey with them to celebrate and had a lovely dinner at Olive Garden that night.

  6. We had our annual Memorial Day party with even more people and fun than the year before. I am happy to have this tradition and hope that we can continue it for many years to come!

  7. My brother also got engaged this summer and is planning to get married in 2013.

  8. Andrew got a new boat, new to him at least and sold our old one to my brother. We took it out quite a bit despite me having to work every other weekend and though we didn't catch many fish we still had lots of fun.

  9. Finding out my grandpa had lung cancer was not a happy moment in this year, but he seems to be doing a little better. He has two more chemo treatments before they do another scan on his tumors. His hair started growing back and he's gained back some weight, but the neuropathy (numbness in his feet) makes it hard for him to walk. I just keep praying that he will make it through this, he's a pretty tough guy.

  10. I learned how to knit (even if its just on a loom for now) and its been a nice distraction for me in the evenings.

  11. I spent a weekend in Pennsylvania with my mom and we had a wonderful time together. I'm glad that our relationship is maturing after all these years of fighting and not getting along.

  12. I've been getting better at using my DSLR camera and have been really impressed with the photos that I can take and I've been getting better at photoshop as well!

There are a lot of exciting things to come in 2012 as well!!


Our four year anniversary in February.

Our new niece should be born in February as well.

Our wedding in September.

Andrew turing 30 in October.

I am sure there will be other exciting events but these are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head!


Wishing you and yours a very blessed and happy New Year!!!


No comments: