Saturday, February 4, 2012

Four

I cannot believe that its been four years and that in just seven months we will be getting married. It doesn't seem like very long ago that we were falling in love.

I cherish all of the memories of our first year together: our bike rides around West Jefferson, laughing till we cried, looking for houses, getting to know your family, dinners out and meals cooked together, parties, holidays, trips to Hocking Hills and early morning or late night fishing.


I never thought that I could find someone who makes me so happy and lets me be myself. Our journey together has not been easy, but no love story can be perfect.


I will never forget the joy I felt in my heart and soul the day you asked me to marry you. I don't think I've smiled so much in years and somedays I still find myself staring at my ring in disbelief that I will be yours forever.


"Love is the ultimate outlaw. It just won't adhere to any rules. The most any of us can do is to sign on as its accomplice. Instead of vowing to honor and obey, maybe we should swear to aid and abet. That would mean that security is out of the question. The words make and stay become inappropriate. My love for you has no strings attached. I love you for free." - Tom Robbins

1 comment:

The Constant Complainer said...

That was a very sweet post. Congratulations!

And I hope you had a great weekend!