Tuesday, February 14, 2012

love and valentines

Even when I was single, I never thought that Valentines Day was a made-up holiday. My mom always went out of her way to make it special for us, making our milk pink for breakfast, buying us chocolates and for me a Valentines Day shirt to wear to school.

I can clearly remember the first Valentines Day with Andrew, he bought me a fishing pole (we still laugh about that one) and cooked me dinner for the first time. I baked him cupcakes and had a friend take some portraits of me to give him. Every year I've had the tradition of making us a yummy dessert and dinner. This year was a red velvet cake with cream cheese icing.



Please excuse my novice cake decorating skills. I was off work today, so I picked up 5 Guys for Andrew and I and took it to him at work. When I woke up this morning, there was a huge box of chocolates on my spot on the couch and then he came home with a beautiful lily.


I know that plenty of people think Valentines Day is stupid and that you don't need an excuse to tell someone you love them. While I agree a little with that statement, I do think its nice to show someone how much you care for them and any excuse to eat chocolates all day is fine in my book!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

You picked up five guys for Andrew? I hope they were cute. ;)