Sunday, August 19, 2012

Weekend wrap-up

It's hard to believe that summer is almost over and that in just over a month I'll be a married woman!  Friday night we started the evening off with a visit from Andrews old roommate and his wife, I made BLT's and we sat out on the deck, enjoying a cool summer night.  

Saturday was a typical morning of me cleaning while Andrew messed around in the garage.  We headed down to Lancaster for the Mt. Pleasant Truck & Tractor pulls around dinner time after a quick visit with my grandparents.


This is one of the many hillbilly summer activities that I enjoy, big clouds of diesel smoke, loud engines and clapping after a pull that is close to 300ft.  My brother and his fiance stopped by for a little bit and we had some awesome burgers as well (which I forgot to take a picture of but man was it good).  I've also recently become obsessed with Instagram.

Sunday was a packed day, grocery shopping, more cleaning, Andrew's family reunion and my parents coming over for dinner to discuss wedding plans.

I'm in the bright tie-dye the soon to be newest family member
 It felt good to finally go over the to-do list with my mom and really hash out what still needs to get done and it also made me feel thankful that I have my parents help with so many things.  Its been a rough road for my mom and dad over the last four years, but they know that this wedding is important and want to do what they can to help.

I've got a busy week at work ahead, but dinner with my maid of honor on Friday and looking forward to my bachelorette party the following weekend is keeping me going!  For tonight, I'll be watching the Steelers and making some more favor bags.

No comments: