Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Well, hello again

Hi, it's me, you know the person who used to write on this blog and then decided to fall off the face of the earth?!  Well, I'm back after a totally unplanned absence from writing on here and I've got a lot to catch everyone up on around here! 

I haven't written since the beginning of March so here is what has been going on:
  • I got a new job!  My last job was causing me a lot of stress and sleepless nights but I'm back doing what I love and working for a place with amazing benefits!  I don't have a long commute anymore (30 mins in no traffic is better than 45-60 in awful traffic) and I get to flex my hours!  I'm now working 7-3:30 everyday and I LOVE IT!
  • Andrew has been going through a rough time at work and it's been tough for both of us.  I will write more about this later, I promise, but for now I'll just leave it at that.
  • My brother is getting married this weekend, wow that happened fast!!!!
  • I'm hoping to put together a post on my indecision about having children and the conversations that I've had with various people in my life.  I really need to write it down and start working out what I want to say. 
  • I've been married now for a little over six months and let me tell you, it has not been easy.  I'm not trying to sound negative, but people aren't kidding when they say that the beginning can be tough.  We've had a lot of ups and downs over these last few months especially and it's not easy about 25% of the time.  We are still very in love and even though it has been hard, when I go to bed at night and kiss him one last time I know this is right where I am supposed to be and that makes it all worth it.  
  • I think spring is finally here to stay so that means it's time for me to get to work in my yard and that it's almost time for our annual memorial day party!!!!
Here are some pics as well to catch you up on what has been going on!
Andrew is doing an engine swap in our truck.
Engine on the left is the diesel that's going in and on the right
is the gas engine that came out.

I went on a girls weekend with my sister in law a few weeks
back and we had a blast!

My pets are so flipping adorable I can hardly stand it!

With my soon-to-be sister in law at her bachelorette party
this past weekend.  We had a blast and stayed up till 4am,
which is late for this old lady!

Well there is a small catch up for today, I'll post more this week and catch up on my blog reading too!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You should come out here and show me how to make my yard look nice! Nothing I plant ever grows. Sad face.

Anyway, nice to see you blogging again! Congrats to Adam and I can't wait for you to post more!