Monday, September 9, 2013

The week ahead

Time is flying by and I cannot wait to go on vacation at the end of the week!  We plan to spend as much time on the gulf coast Florida beaches as possible and to eat some amazing seafood!

Our weekend was another busy one.  Friday night I met my best friend for dinner and shopping after work.  I wanted to find another pair of maternity shorts for vacation since the days of wearing my normal ones with a belly band are now far gone.  I resisted buying every little girl outfit in Macy's that night and headed home early to spend some time with Andrew.

Saturday morning we went to visit with Andrew's family and headed home early to get ready for an evening wedding.  I must say I was rather jealous that they had such amazing weather for their September wedding and loved sharing such a special day with very dear friends of my family.  They were married at Buckeye Lake and the reception took place under a huge tent, everything was very low key and lovely.  The bride rode up to the wedding in a horse drawn carriage which was a complete surprise to the groom.  The look on his face was priceless and so incredibly sweet.  I know they will have a very happy and amazing life together!

Sunday I woke up at nearly 9am knowing that I had over done things a little the night before.  It's funny that I can still feel hungover even though I didn't drink.  I danced like a fool, laughed and ate too much and it came back to bite me.  I was up for two hours in the night with heartburn and the baby kicking me rather violently and woke up in the morning to a swollen face and sinuses.  I also have about 15 mosquito bites on my legs and feet despite wearing tights under my dress and putting on repellant.  Needless to say, Sunday was a rather lazy day.  I did manage to make it to the grocery store and ran a few loads of laundry but that was the extent of my activity.  Most of the day was spent on the couch flipping back and forth between an ABC Family Harry Potter Marathon and Sex and the City. 

I'm planning to spend most of my evenings this week getting us ready for vacation and continuing to clean out the nursery.  We've finally decided on a paint color and I've found bedding that I love at Pottery Barn Kids (thankfully I made a sad puppy face over the cost and Andrew agreed after seeing how cheesy things were at other stores) and I'm hoping to get to work after vacation.  We're also in the final stages of planning another remodeling project which will give our home another full bath.  I'm so excited to have this project done but I know it will be a lot of work for Andrew and his dad.

I hope to post my week 21 bumpdate in the next few days and I hope everyone has an amazing week! 

No comments: