Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Week 32 Bumpdate!

I honestly felt like it would be forever before I made it this far in the pregnancy and I still feel like I have a long way to go!  I'm excited that the holidays are arriving, Thanksgiving is this week and my brother is hosting for the first time in his new home.  I could not have picked a better time to be pregnant than during the holiday season.  Lots of yummy food, cookies, pies and leftovers to enjoy over the next month or two! 

  • How far along? 32 weeks and 2 days 
  • How big is baby? According to my Baby Bump App, the baby is the size of a large jicama (?!?!), about 16.5 inches long and weighing 3.75lbs.  
  • Weight gain? 17 lbs as of November 13th.  I have another doctor appointment tomorrow so we will see if that changes.  
  • Stretch Marks? I've got them and I believe they are here to stay, but I'm still using my cocoa butter two times a day and that seems to help with their appearance and to keep my belly from itching. 
  • Sleep:  I was sleeping pretty well for the last two weeks or so and I feel like I jinxed myself.  The last two nights have been rough, I cannot get comfortable, despite taking meds I have terrible heartburn at night and even if I go to bed at 9pm (like we did last night), I still feel exhausted when my alarm goes off at 5am. 
  • Cravings:  Sour candy, cheeseburgers, Chipotle, ice cream, comfort foods, soup, ice cold water and ice cold caffeine free Pepsi. 
  • Food Aversions: None really, I just can't handle anything too spicy or too acidic for dinner because then I will be up all night with heartburn. 
  • What do I miss: Beer, red wine and the ever elusive spicy italian footlong from Subway!
  • Movement: The baby is active and is now beginning to cause internal bruising, or at least that his how she makes me feel.  She likes to push her body into my pelvic bone or kick me in the bladder at inopportune times.  I have also been able to feel the hiccups over the last week and they sometimes go on for a good 5 minutes before they stop.  I can see and feel movements from the outside and watching my stomach dance can be pretty entertaining.  
  • Doctor Appointments: My next appointment is tomorrow for a belly check and hospital pre-registration.  I wonder if I will get another ultrasound soon, I would assume they would want to check the position of the baby but no one has mentioned anything just yet.  
  • Labor Signs:  None yet and that is fine with me!
  • Symptoms:  Shortness of breath, exhaustion, the inability to bend over, having a hard time putting on my shoes or reaching my feet, the waddle, the snizzle and I'm feeling a little more crabby these days.  I also feel like a whale but I'm pretty sure that is normal.  
  • Wedding Rings:  Still on  
  • Belly Button: I think it's on it's way to becoming an outtie, as much as I am totally freaked out by this!  The top half is starting to stick out more now and I can tell that the shape is changing.    
  • Gender: Team Pink!
  • Anything else?  I have the nursery about 90% complete and that makes me very happy.  Nearly everything we have is assembled with the exception of the second car seat, pack n play and umbrella stroller.  I finally got all of the boxes and garbage out of the room last night and just need to find a cover for the changing table pad and put up the wall decals I purchased at Target.  I want to find some things to hang on the walls, maybe a few cute canvas pieces and a mirror for above the dresser.  Andrew and I are planning to clean the house together this weekend, it's just too much for me to do on my own anymore and I really need some help.


    32 week baby bump!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You look amazing!! I can't believe you only have 8 weeks left! I hope it gets easier for you to sleep. You'll be amazed after you have the baby how easy it is to breathe and move, ha ha. Good luck with everything!