Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Memorable Pregnancy Moment

Now that I'm nearing the end of my pregnancy, I've been thinking a lot about memorable pregnancy moments or just things in general have made me smile throughout this process.  There have been a lot of up's and down's but I would like to remember the fun moments for a while:
  • Not being sick: I feel so lucky that I felt pretty good for most of the pregnancy.  I never once had morning sickness just a touch of nausea, 
  • All of my interesting cravings: the constant need for Mexican Food and ice cream pretty much lasted all summer and then moved onto cheese and really cold drinks.  I also had weird cravings like Fruit Roll-Ups, peanut butter straight from the jar, all kinds of candy I hadn't eaten in years like Smarties and Sour Patch Kids and Sour Cream and Onion Pringles (they had to be pringles, no other chips had the same taste). 
  • Feeling the baby move for the first time: I was at work and felt a very violent kick in my belly.  I never had too many "flutters" so that kick was something else.
  • Andrew feeling the baby move for the first time: We were on vacation which made it even more memorable!
  • Our babymoon: I think about our trip to Florida all of the time, we had so much fun and made so many memories.  Having that week together to relax was fantastic in so many ways and I often dream of our daily walks along the beach hunting shells and shark teeth.  I can't wait to take our daughter to all of those places one day and share the memories with her.
  • My baby showers: Both of them were wonderful and I could not ask for better family and friends!  My cousin and aunt planned a beautiful and intimate shower for me in PA with my aunts and cousins and my mom and good friend Laura really outdid themselves with my shower here in Ohio.  Both were amazing and such a blessing. 
  • Our maternity photos: Not having to hide my tummy was nice and being able to take photos at Andrew's parents farm was lovely.  Our engagement and wedding photos were taken there and I love having so many memories of their place.
  • Sharing my pregnancy journey with three of my close friends: I have friends due in March, May and June so it's been fun talking about our pregnancies together and sharing stories.  I can't wait for our little ones to grow up together!
  • The anatomy scan: I was so convinced from day one that we were having a boy and man were my maternal instincts wrong!  When we got to the gender portion of the ultrasound I was pretty cocky thinking she would say, well it's a boy but it was quite the opposite!  At first I didn't even believe her and then when I looked up at the screen it was pretty evident!
  • Preparing the nursery: This little girl has more clothes than I can even fathom and she is so loved already.  Her room is pretty girly with lots of pink, white and sage green and little birds on the walls.  I had a lot of fun getting everything organized, picking out different pieces and making the room look like the rest of our house, what I like to call eclectic antique shabby chic!  
  • Watching my body change: This has been both an interesting and scary process.  I remember at the beginning my boobs and butt got really big and I felt super self conscious about both.  As I started to get a bump, I felt a little better because then people would know it was all because I was pregnant.  I was lucky that I didn't really need maternity clothes till about 15-17 weeks thanks to my belly band.  I've gone up two bra sizes already and I'm afraid for what might happen to my chest later on down the road.  The stretch marks were a little scary at first, but I'm used to them now.  I did find a few new ones on my hip this week, but at this point it's the least of my worries.  I never really had the full round belly until about week 36 and I get a lot of interesting looks from people as I waddle around!
I feel pretty fortunate to have had a good pregnancy and I am so anxious to meet this little baby!  Cross your fingers for good news from the midwife on Friday or that I go into labor before my appointment!

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Sounds like a great pregnancy with lots of nice memories. Baby girl will be here soon!