Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Jeanette's Baptism

Jeanette was baptized on Sunday at the same church where Andrew and I were married.  Our church does baptisms on the first Sunday of the month during noon mass or the third Sunday of the month at 1:30pm.  We chose to have her baptism during mass and there were two other babies baptized that day.

My brother Adam and my cousin Rebecca were chosen to be her godparents.  Rebecca was my confirmation sponsor and we have always been very close.  She is the only cousin on my mom's side that is even remotely close to my age, since my mom is the baby and was the last one to have kids.  I have always looked up to her, respected her and gone to her for advice over the years.  My brother Adam is my best friend and he loves Jeanette so much it makes my heart hurt.  I know he will be a great support to her in the years to come.

Jeanette wore my baptism dress
Her bib and socks are from London, my
aunt and uncle had just visited there.

Getting her dressed



All smiles at the church

My favorite photo, the light coming in through the windows was so pretty.


With my parents and the godparents.
After the mass, we had lunch and cake at my parents house.  I was so happy that so many people were able to come including Andrew's family, my late grandfathers sister, my dad's brother and wife from PA, most of my family from PA and a few friends.  Jeanette was a doll all day, she napped great, let everyone hold her and hardly made a fuss.  I don't think I held her much at all!

I can't wait for more of these wonderful family events!

1 comment:

Erin said...

I love the tradition of her wearing your gown - my boys all wore my dad's! :)