Friday, November 7, 2014

Five on Friday

It's been a crazy week and I could not be happier that it's the weekend :) It means I get to "sleep in" till 7am, spend time with my family and get some things done around the house!

ONE: Jeanette had her 9 month pediatrician appointment yesterday.  She's 18lbs, 5oz (50th percentile) and 30 inches long (99th percentile).  She's my tall, skinny girl!  They were already out of the flu shot dose she needed so I have to call back next week and make another appointment.  She didn't need any other vaccines at this visit and she doesn't go back till February for her ONE YEAR appointment.  How is that even possible?!?!

TWO: I ordered my Christmas cards this week.  There was a sale on Shutterfly and I didn't want to miss out!  This is the design I chose and I will post the card with our photos once I get them in the mail to our family and friends.  I wanted to be able to use several of my favorite photos from Jeanette's 9 month photo shoot as well as a few of her newborn pictures since I didn't send out a ton of birth announcements.

Image via Shutterfly
THREE: Last Monday the 27th it was two years since we adopted our cat Bradley from Cat Welfare here in Columbus.  He has been such a great addition to our family and is slowly learning to tolerate Jeanette.  I love his night time snuggles, sweet white paws and laid back personality.


FOUR: I ordered a play yard for Jeanette.  I really needed to find a solution to block of certain areas of the house and in a month or less, the Christmas tree.  Since we live in a split level house and have lots of stairs it's become difficult to have too many permanent baby gates.  I liked the idea of the play yard because it can be easily moved around and put away after she goes to bed at night.

Image via Amazon
FIVE: Two of my friends had babies this week, my friend Megan had her son on Monday and my friend Carrie had her daughter on Wednesday.  Both mom's had perfect labors without any complications, which is such a blessing!  For now, the baby boom among my friends is over and now the fun begins!  Lots of play dates are in the future :) 

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Happy adoption anniversary to your kitty! We are coming up on a year since we adopted our pup. Stooping over from the linkup. Happy Friday!