Tuesday, January 27, 2015

A very late resolution post

I wasn't sure if I would be posting my resolutions here, but I thought maybe it was time to hold myself accountable:

ONE: Healthy living, weight loss and having an exercise routine.  I've made myself a 10 week hybrid workout where I combined Power 90 and PiYo. I'm at the end of week one and taking Friday and Saturday as my rest days.  I have been awful about workout out and terrible about watching what I eat.  I know I need to loose this baby weight and I need to get focused.  Once I get to the end of the 10 weeks I will see where I am at with my weight loss and figure out what I am going to do next.

TWO: Getting my house in order needs to be a priority this year.  We will likely be moving in the next year or two and I have to start getting rid of junk, organizing and cleaning out every room of the house.  It's not fun, but it's necessary.  So far I've cleaned out our coat closet, office and gotten rid of some things in the basement that I've been meaning to take to Goodwill.  Next up, going through a years worth of Jeanette's clothes and then onto our bedroom.  The basement is what I am dreading the most, I really need to go through my holiday decor and the couple of piles of clothes next to the washer and dryer.....

THREE: Kill people with kindness!  I'm not a mean person, but I know I can be a b*tch sometimes.  Recent events have gone on with family and friends that have left me with hurt feelings and wishing that I wasn't a wet blanket.  There is nothing I hate more than being belittled or being made fun of for who I am, but instead of snapping back at these people, I'm going to kill them with kindness.  I no longer want to allow people to get to me and make me feel like I'm 5 inches tall.  I want them to see that I'm stronger than them and that all of their words will just roll off my back.  I know this one might sound "easier said than done" but I am determined!

FOUR: Be present.  I am so guilty of checking my phone too much or not paying enough attention to what is going on around me.  I need to try and be more present this year, if not for me, then for Jeanette and Andrew.  I'm blown away by the fact that my baby is one now, and I want to remember each moment that I can over the next year.  When I get home from work, I need to be present and be a mom, when Andrew gets home, I need to be present and be his wife.

FIVE: Strengthen relationships with family and friends.  Being a new mom has been an adjustment and I really need to get back to the relationships I once had with my family and friends.  I need to make time for people and honor my commitments.  This might be another thing that is easier said than done, but I'm willing to try and make it work.

What are you resolutions for 2015?

1 comment:

Laura said...

I love all of your resolutions and in some way, shape, or form, these are sort of mine as well. I want to MOVE and set things up in a clear, organized way and KEEP IT THAT WAY. But I sort of feel like until we move - what's the use right now?! I also need to lose weight, especially if I'm going to start thinking about baby #2 sometime this year!