Sunday, July 24, 2011

Weekend Wrap-up and What's ahead

This weekend was what I'd call short but sweet. I worked the late shift on Friday (3pm-11:30pm) and went straight to bed. Saturday morning we were up early to have breakfast with my parents and head to an estate sale afterwards. Its been oppressively hot around here for the last week, so we were hoping to be done at the auction early.

Its been a long time since I've been to an estate sale and this one was awesome! Lots of fun people, good auctioneers and items selling really cheap. Andrew wasn't all that thrilled to come along, but he ended up buying more stuff than I did! Some of our awesome finds included: a 70's one speed mens bike, large pickle/cracker jar with its original metal lid, coat tree and a card table with chairs. I could have done without the sunburn on my neck/heat sickness but it was so much fun!

Saturday night I headed out to see some of my college friends. We had a crazy rain storm and our power was out (meaning without the generator running the basement would flood) so Andrew had to stay home and deal with that situation. To make matters worse, the dog has been acting nuts since her surgery, bashing her cone into everything and digging it into my flower beds in what I think is an attempt to get it off her head. I was happy I got to see my friends but felt so guilty leaving him at home.

Today was mostly spent relaxing and running errands. We met up with Andrew's family for dinner at Buca de Beppo, which was amazing and came home to lay around.

On the agenda for this week: working, helping my mom with our church festival, hoping to try out some more zucchini recipes and seeing one of my best friends Friday night!

What did you do this weekend?

No comments: