Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful

I'm working a 12 hour shift today, its pretty boring around here on the holidays so I figured I'd have time to write out my list of what I'm thankful for this year.


  1. My fiance Andrew, no matter what he's always been there supporting me and loving me. He works so hard to provide us with a comfortable life, he's been working on our house nearly every day and can always make me laugh when I'm about to cry. I cannot wait till this time next year when I'm his wife!

  2. My family. The last two years have been rough with my dad loosing his job of 27 years, my brother starting his own business and my mom taking on a leadership role at her work. No matter what, they have always been there for me too and love me for me!

  3. My home. Sure its not a mansion and its not even totally remodeled yet, but its a nice little start for me and Andrew. I'm sure that in five years or so we'll outgrow this house but the memories we will make here will last forever.

  4. My job. Yeah, its not my dream job at all, but at least I have an income that pays the bills and lets us have a little extra money for things like a shopping spree at the thrift store or a new couch and love seat (which should be moved into the house when I get home).

  5. My health. I've really come to value my health watching so many women struggle with Ovarian Cancer through my volunteer work. I believe its something we all take for granted and really shouldn't.

  6. My in-laws. They might be totally different than the rest of my family, but they have been so good to me over the last year. I'm so happy to have such a close relationship with my future mother and father-in-law and Andrew's siblings. I'm also thankful that my brother and Andrew get along so well and have become good friends.

I'm sure there's a million more things that I could write to be thankful about, but I think I'll just keep it short and sweet. This year has been a crazy amount of ups and downs in my life and I can only hope that next year will bring more amazing memories and wonderful times. There have been wonderfly happy moments: our engagement, graduation, accomplishing things with our home and there have been some moments that have been hard: finding out my grandpa had lung cancer, my dad having to change jobs again. Next year there is going to be a lot to be thankful for and hopefully I'll do a better job of keeping up on this blog.


I hope that you and yours have an amazing Thanksgiving and take a moment to reflect on what you're thankful for this year.

No comments: