Wednesday, June 12, 2013

First Ultrasound

I had to go solo to my first ultrasound, which in a way was a bummer but sort of cool at the same time.  Andrew had scheduled a physical months ago with a new family physician and I didn't want him to cancel.  He needs to see a doctor about his stomach issues and high blood pressure before this baby is born!

I was so nervous that something would be wrong, but thankfully nothing was!  The baby is in the uterus, the heart rate was 178 and I'm still measuring right on track for a due date of January 20th.  I don't go back to the doctor until July 10th, pending our decision to test for downs syndrome (I want to do some more research on this). 

There is the little olive!

Bumpdate!
  • How far along? 8 weeks and 2 days
  • How big is baby? According to my What to Expect App, the baby is as big as a green olive or about 1 inch long!
  • Weight Gain: I'm still the same as I was at the last doctor appointment, which I find hard to believe because my boobs are HUGE!
  • Stretch Marks: No more than the ones I had before.
  • Maternity Clothes: I bought some over the weekend and wore a pair of the dress pants yesterday, I was much more comfortable however I felt like they were a little too big.  Some of my dress pants don't fit quite right anymore and the same goes for my non-stretch khaki capris which I love.  At this point I would say it's mostly bloat
  • Cravings: Cereal, Steak, Cheese/Cheese Pizza/Grilled Cheese, Cold Water and Pepsi
  • Food Aversions: Chicken, Coffee, Eggs, Brats/Hot Dogs, Sausage (unless it's in biscuits and gravy, then that's okay)
  • What do I miss: I'm still missing my glass of wine on a Friday night, which has now been replaced with sparkling water.  I also miss having normal dreams, I have been having the most terrifying nightmares.
  • Symptoms: Exhaustion, tender/englarged boobies, a little cramping/growing pains, mood swings, swollen sinuses, a little nausea but no throwing up, lower back pain and acne.  I seem to feel worse when I get home from work.
  • Anything else? After hearing the heartbeat today I felt a lot better about everything, it's so crazy to think there is a human growing inside my body!  I feel pretty blessed that I have not been horribly sick.  I really need to start getting in more physical activity though.  The midwife said the more I walk the better I will be at pushing, and hey I believe her!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

are you going the midwife route? we are doing the test for downs. it's just an ultrasound and bloodwork so no harm to the baby. I've been walking a lot, but MAN i'm SO tired at the end of the day (well really, all afternoon) and ready for bed by 7PM!

Unknown said...

Yay! I'm so glad you blog so I can read about how this is going for you! I think we did the Down's test because one of my aunts has it, but I don't really remember. I've never been stabbed with so many needles in my life as when I was pregnant.