Monday, June 10, 2013

Weekend Wrap-up and the week ahead

This weekend was far from exciting, but that is just fine with me!  Friday I had to work till 6pm because of a meeting and didn't end up getting home until about 7.  We ordered a pizza and vegged out on the couch.

Saturday morning Andrew was determined to finish his engine swap project so we could drive the truck up to his parents and pick up our trailer.  Thankfully after several trips to Lowes and Advanced Auto, he was finally able to get everything done.  We headed up to his parents to visit with them and had a nice dinner out at one of our favorite Mexican restaurants!

Sunday I was up early to sing at church with my parents.  They were shorthanded and thankfully I was able to sing now that my coughing fits have subsided a little bit.  I picked Andrew up afterwards and we headed out to run our Sunday errands.  I also had to get some more clothes because I've found that some of my dress pants and especially my button down shirts don't fit anymore!  I swear my boobs have gotten bigger, which I'm sure will continue to happen.  I was really disappointed with the selection of dress pants in maternity at Target so I think I'll hit up Kohls later this week.  I did find one pair, some capris and some tops but all in all, I was disappointed with the selection.  My mom came over while we were out to plant all the flowers I had purchased.  Thank GOD for her help because I have been so exhausted.  I did manage to plant my garden and do a few other things, but my front flower bed is a BEAST!

My front flower bed, all filled with lovely perennial's!

Tomato plants!

Hydrangea bush

Potted herbs on the deck.

We spent the rest of the day Sunday cleaning house, doing laundry and cleaning up the garage which has been a hot mess due to the engine swap.  I even got my own cabinet for all of my gardening stuff!  On the agenda for this week:

Monday and Tuesday: busy days at work since my boss is going on vacation for two weeks starting on Wednesday.

Wednesday: The FIRST ULTRASOUND at 8:30am and I'm going alone because Andrew has a doctor appointment as well and this was the only day I could get in :(

Thursday and Friday: Should be slightly calmer days at work

The weekend: I'm not really sure what plans we have, but I'm hoping that we can take the boat out for a little bit one day!

No comments: