Thursday, August 29, 2013

Week 19 Bumpdate

One more week to the halfway point!!!  I have a hard time believing that I'm already at week 19 and that in about a week we will be able to find out the gender.  I also think it's hilarious that Andrew told me the other night he was disappointed we weren't having twins, considering the fact that all along I assumed he too only wanted one child.  I guess we just have to wait and see how this one turns out!

  • How far along? 19 weeks and 3 days
  • How big is baby? According to my What to Expect App, the baby is as big as a mango, about 6.5 inches long and 10 oz in weight
  • Weight gain? I would say I'm maybe up to 7lbs at this point?!  I had not gained much at my last appointment and I hate weighing myself at home.  I have been eating more so lets hope that is good!
  • Stretch Marks? I don't notice any new ones and I've still been using the cocoa butter lotion every morning and night.  My skin has been really dry for the first time in years and I don't want to start scratching. 
  • Maternity Clothes: My staple items now.  I still can wear some non maternity tops and pajamas but I'm just so much more comfortable in my maternity clothes. 
  • Sleep: It comes and goes.  Sunday night I couldn't sleep worth a hoot, my eyes kept watering and I woke myself up drooling on my pillow (gross I know).  Then Monday night I went to bed super early and slept like a rock.  
  • Cravings: Apple slices with peanut butter, grilled cheese and tomato soup, ham sandwiches (yeah for finding nitrate free lunch meat), creamed chipped beef on toast.
  • Food Aversions: I'm sort of back to being grossed out by pork and hot dogs, but I don't really cook them that much so it doesn't matter.  I hate going to the cafeteria at work and seeing someone eating a hot dog.....ick!
  • What do I miss: Wine, all I dreamed about this weekend was drinking wine in a hot tub......sigh!
  • Movement: I think that I often feel the baby fluttering around at night.  For example, I was reading last night, laying on the couch with my legs propped up and had the book resting on my belly.  The baby must not have liked that because I started to feel this strange flutter under the book and when I moved the book the movement came with it.  I still just want to feel a real kick so I know for sure it's the baby!
  • Doctor Appointments: September 4th is the big day - the gender reveal!  
  • Symptoms: Leg pain at night and back aches.  It's so hard to be comfortable for more than a half an hour especially at work.  I did exchange my desk chair and get a foot rest to that's helping me a lot.  I haven't been as moody this past week and I'm starting to get super tired again. 
  • Anything else? I've been working on the room that will be the nursery and let me tell you I have no idea where I am going to put all my junk.  I have tossed two huge trash bags of old papers from school and just general junk but I have a long way to go.  I've been boxing things up for Goodwill and I need to get some storage tubs this weekend.  I know it will get done, I just have to keep working at it!
The bump has really popped this week

Bathroom selfies at work
19 weeks and 3 days!

No comments: