Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Week 28 Bumpdate - Hello Third Trimester!!

Wow, week 28!  At the beginning this seemed so very far away and now I'm in the third trimester!  Things sure seem to be changing as my belly keeps getting bigger and harder, my chest is changing in ways I never though possible, the baby is more active and I'm not sleeping well. 

  • How far along? 28 weeks and 2 days 
  • How big is baby? According to my Baby Bump App, the baby is as big as a chinese cabbage (?!) about 14.8 inches long and weighing 2.25lbs!
  • Weight gain? 10 lbs or so, maybe a little more, I will find out tomorrow
  • Stretch Marks? Small ones, like 1/2 inch or less keep popping up above my belly button.
  • Maternity Clothes: All day, everyday.  I feel like this is a pointless question at this point in the pregnancy.  I have been wearing one of Andrew's very fashionable winter coats since mine will no longer button. 
  • Sleep: Oh what a biotch you have been to me these days.  Friday I was so exhausted that I left work early, slept in my car for 15 minutes and went home and slept for another 2 hours.  I managed to stay up till 11 that night and slept till 8:30am.  Saturday night and Sunday night I hardly slept at all because of heartburn and being incredibly uncomfortable.  Sleeping on the couch was actually more comfortable for me so that might be where I end up from now on.  
  • Cravings: Plain foods like buttered bread, mashed potatoes, cheese, easy mac/mac n cheese or an english muffin with butter.  We had Mexican Sunday night and though my dish was not spicy at all, it really tore up my stomach.  I'm still craving soup like no tomorrow and have some going in the crockpot for dinner tonight!
  • Food Aversions: None really, but I really have to watch what I eat.  I can't do spicy foods anymore or anything that is deep fried like my beloved chicken wings.
  • What do I miss: Sleeping, I would love not to feel so tired.  The way my chest and belly used to look, Andrew is quite amazed with how much things have changed.  I am frightened and amazed at the same time.  I mean let's be honest here, my boobs don't look like they did 7 months ago, my belly just keeps getting bigger and I swear my lips and nose have grown too. 
  • Movement: The baby is still very active and I have been tracking movements just to have an idea of their frequency.  I can track about 10 kicks in a 20 minute time span during the day, but at night I could probably track a ton more.  She gets crazy around 8:30pm almost every night.   
  • Doctor Appointments: October 30th - Glucose Screening!
  • Labor Signs: No, thankfully, she can keep on cooking.  It is nice to know however that if she was born anytime now she would have a very good chance of survival although I am so not ready for that to happen.  
  • Symptoms:Where do I begin: backaches, stomach pain, heartburn, constant trips to the bathroom, peeing when I sneeze (so attractive), lack of sleep, nesting when I have the energy and overall laziness. 
  • Wedding Rings: Still on and not tight!!! 
  • Belly Button: Still an innie, I'm curious if that will change.  
  • Gender: Team Pink!
  • Anything else? I'm super excited to go to Pennsylvania with my mom and dad this weekend for my baby shower!  My cousin is an amazing party planner and I'm sure that everything will be wonderful plus she asked for my input on just about everything from the food, to the cake flavor and the games.  It will be a small shower with about 16 of my aunts and cousins in comparison to my shower at home to which my mother has invited 65 people (I wish I was kidding).  I'll be sure to post a photo update after the shower this weekend.  I just hope I can sleep, I'm taking lots of pillows with me!  
 
28 weeks, I feel so much bigger than I look!


2 comments:

Erin said...

You look super great!!! Have fun at your shower, all of those baby gifts will get you even more excited than you already are!!

KellyAnne Scott said...

You look so awesome!!! I love that bump! It will definitely be expanding these next couple of weeks :)

I can't wait to see her sweet face