Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Week 29 Bumpdate

Week 29 arrived just in time for the time change.  I was so thankful for the extra hour of sleep on Saturday night after a long car ride home from PA and my first baby shower.  The car was so loaded with gifts that my mom had to hold things on her lap in the backseat.  Thankfully she let me sit in the front so I could stretch out my legs!  We even went to bed at 8:30 on Sunday night because we were both exhausted from the weekend. 
  • How far along? 29 weeks and 2 days 
  • How big is baby? According to my Baby Bump App, the baby is as big as a butternut squash and weighing around 2.5lbs
  • Weight gain? 15lbs total as of my appointment on October 30th.  I gained 8 in one month, which might seem like a lot but I didn't gain much at all at the beginning. 
  • Stretch Marks? Small ones, like 1/2 inch or less keep popping up above my belly button. 
  • Sleep: It's becoming increasingly harder for me to get comfortable at night.  I normally like sleeping on my left side, but my right side seems more comfortable these days.  I'm also really hot at night and had to get a nightgown to sleep in and can really only use a sheet to cover up with.....I've always been a cold person at night so this is really strange for me.  
  • Cravings: I haven't had many lately, but there are still days when nothing at all sounds good to eat.  I know I need to eat breakfast but it's so hard when everything sounds gross. 
  • Food Aversions: I wouldn't call them aversions, more like things I know I can't eat.  Spicy foods, deep fried foods seem to have a terrible effect on my stomach.  I also accidentally had some fake sugar over the weekend and it tore up my stomach, lesson learned to ask what is in the punch before I drink three glasses......
  • What do I miss: Sleeping comfortably, being able to stand up without making grunting noises, eating basically whatever I want, not having heartburn all the time.  
  • Movement: The baby is still very active and I feel her moving pretty much all day and night now.  I am anxious to feel her get the hiccups but it hasn't happened yet.     
  • Doctor Appointments: I had my glucose and anemia screening on October 30th and passed both with flying colors.  When the tech went to do my blood draw she had a hard time finding a vein and fished in my arm (not cool) and I nearly passed out.  They took me down to a room where I could lie down and she was finally able to draw my blood.  The photo below is evidence of the lovely mark she left and yes, it's still on my arm today nearly a week later.  My next appointment is November 13, going every two weeks now.  
 
  • Labor Signs: No, thankfully, she can keep on cooking.  It is nice to know however that if she was born anytime now she would have a very good chance of survival although I am so not ready for that to happen.  
  • Symptoms:Where do I begin: backaches, restless legs, difficulty breathing, getting tired much more easily than I ever have before, feeling lightheaded if I bend over, general discomfort and lots of trips to the bathroom! 
  • Wedding Rings: Still on and not tight!!! 
  • Belly Button: Still an innie, I'm curious if that will change.  
  • Gender: Team Pink!
  • Anything else? I feel so blessed and maybe slightly overwhelmed after my shower this weekend.  My mom very graciously is letting me store things at her house until I am ready to organize the nursery.  She also volunteered to wash and organize all of the baby clothes for us which will help me out a lot.  I have a very busy month at work with three big events going on in the next three weeks.  I am determined to meet my goal of having the nursery ready by Thanksgiving so that I don't feel so stressed during the holidays.    
29 weeks and finally filling out this shirt!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

You look great Momma but OUCH your arm looks painful! That sucks that they had such a hard time finding a vein! Yay for appointments every two weeks now! It's like you are approaching the finish line! Eek! xo

KellyAnne Scott said...

You look great. Your arm looks awful. I can't believe that that happened. I would be so mad! I have constant heartburn too. Have you talked to you doctor about taking anything? I take a Zantac every day now and it helps SO much