Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Fitness Update

It's been about a month since my first fitness post, holding myself accountable, and I wanted to update everyone on what has been going on.

I had been working out for about two and a half solid weeks when I started to experience some pretty intense digestive issues.  I will admit, I had changed my diet some but probably not drastically enough to cause my stomach to constantly hurt and me to be unable to sleep due to raging heartburn.  Every night when it was time to work out, I would be doubled over in pain.  I did do some walking but that was about all my body could handle.  I finally caved last Friday and made a doctor appointment.  I explained all of my symptoms, was weighed only to find out I had lost nothing (ugh) and was told to add more fiber to my diet and given a prescription for heartburn medication.  I'm feeling better and got back into my workout routine last night.

As much as I wanted to try Shakeology with the PiYo workout, I found out that it contains sucralose and I am pretty allergic to most artificial sweeteners.  My stomach aches for days and I have the most awful taste in my mouth.  I am hopeful to start making my own green juice and smoothies starting next week.  I need to jump start this weightloss somehow.

I have been better about my eating.  I have been trying super hard to eat breakfast, on the weekends I will make eggs and have a piece of toast and during the week I have oatmeal with fruit, greek yogurt with fruit, or a Luna bar.  I have been drinking a lot of water, I haven't been snacking after dinner and I've been trying hard to cut back on carbs.  I've been taking my lunch to work and I've been resisting sweets and buying candy bars at the hospital gift shop.  I haven't been perfect however, we went out for Mexican food on Friday and I could have made a healthier choice, I had some chocolate and I've eating some chips but that's life and I think it's okay to indulge every now and then.

I did however have a few awful moments over the last month, a nurse I used to work with at the hospital saw me at the gift shop and asked how far along I was in my pregnancy.  When I told her my baby was 5 months old, she looked rather shocked but never apologized.  I wanted to crawl into a hole.  I also have zero desire to do any swimming this summer because I know my bathing suit won't fit and I'm not buying a bigger one.

So I suppose what I am trying to get at with this post, is that I am for once really trying hard but not seeing any results yet is difficult.  I know that it will take time as it took me 9 months and then some to get to this size and weight.  I have been sleeping better since I started working out and I feel great after each PiYo session, the low impact has been great for my postpartum body.

I hope that I can keep this up even if I feel a little down right now.

Image credit
Here's hoping Chalene!!!!! 

No comments: