Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Hey there

Due to me being a cheapskate, I did a little blog refresh using Cutest Blog on the Block. Maybe someday I will pay for a blog design, but for now this works for me, something fresh and light!

I realize that it's already Tuesday, but I did not really recap my weekend.

I won tickets to the Ohio State game on Saturday in a work drawing.  I've lived in Columbus since I was 4 and I've never been to a game.  Our seats weren't exactly close and the walk up the super steep stairs was about enough to bring on an anxiety attack but we had a great time!




Since we had four tickets my brother and his wife came with us.  By far the best part was the half time show which was a tribute to D-Day and the troops.  The Alumni Band also joined which made it close to 1,000 people marching that day!

Andrew's mom watched Jeanette for us since my parents were out of town she had a great time with her grandma.  She was super nervous about watching her for such a long period of time but as always Jeanette was well behaved!

Sunday was a typical day around the house, cleaning, doing laundry and with the added fun of chasing Jeanette around.  It's so much harder to get things done now that she's mobile.  I can put her in the exersaucer so I can unload the dishwasher and she was in there quite a bit while I made baby food.  I've been trying to move things around in the kitchen so she can crawl around in there too.  I did the laundry and ironing while she was napping.

Jeanette also has an obsession with the cat and dog.  For the most part, they run off when she gets too close.  All three of my little ones love to stare out the front door and on Sunday, Bradley the cat was watching birds in the yard when Jeanette decided she wanted to get across the room to see what he was doing.  The cat did not run away at first but as soon as Jeanette screamed he was gone and it made for an awesome photo.


It's also really feeling like fall in Ohio so yesterday I decided it was time to make the first pumpkin pie of the season.  It's Andrews favorite food and Jeanette even cooperated so I could roll out the crust and use the leftovers to make pie crust cinnamon rolls.  My mom always did this when she made a pie and they are so good!  Basically you just roll out the leftover crust, slather it in butter and sprinkle on some sugar and cinnamon and bake them with the pie till they are cooked to your liking.  They are great with coffee!


On the agenda for this week:  Our anniversary is on the 22nd but we are celebrating on Friday night with dinner at J. Alexander's steak house.  My mom is keeping Jeanette overnight for us so we can have some time together.

2 comments:

Carol said...

There's nothing like going to a college football game, so much fun! Pumpkin pie, yum! What a great idea to make cinnamon rolls with the leftover crust! Have fun on your overnight date!

Laura said...

love the new blog design!!! It looks so nice!! YUUUM I Love fall foods!